GREAT PLATES Senior Meals Program Currently enrolling for City of Sanger
This program provides meals to Sanger residents that are age of 65 and over OR are ages 60-64 and at high-risk with underlying health conditions during the State’s shelter at home directive. The program has been extended to July 10, 2020. To enroll in the program, call (559) 876-6300, ext. 1500.
- Must be 65 or older, OR
- Is 60-64 AND Asymptomatic but is high-risk, as defined by the CDC; OR Tested positive for COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine (including those exiting from hospitals); OR Was exposed to COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine.
A potential participant must also meet the following characteristics:
- Must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult.
- Must not be currently receiving assistance from other federal nutrition assistance programs (such as SNAP or CalFresh, or Meals on Wheels); and
- Income range, earn between $24,981 to $74,940 for a household of one (1), and $33,821 to $101,460 for a household of two (2); this equates to 200% and 600% of the federal poverty limit. These income limits will be self-certified by the applicant, with spot checks from partner agencies.
- Must affirm an inability to prepare or obtain meals.