EMERGENCY ORDER – SMOKE SHOP LIMITED REOPENING Click here for Executive Order 20-3c
As the Director of Emergency Services pursuant to Sanger City Code Chapter 26, Article I, and by the powers invested in me by Sanger City Code Section 26–6, I hereby issue the following orders, to be effective immediately and for so long as the City’s declared emergency is in effect related to COVID-19:
- Smoke Shop Definition: Any establishment that sells tobacco products for consumption on–premises.
- Smoke Shops that offer the sales of tobacco products, by-products, on–premise and other products related to tobacco shall be reopened, limited to curbside services only. Store access is prohibited until further notice.
- Smoke Shops shall now be open to the public for curbside services only and subject to State of California recommendations as follows:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them
- Implement individual control measures and screenings
- Implement disinfecting protocols
- Implement physical distancing guidelines
- In addition to those items listed under item three above, the business operator/owner will screen any and all employees prior to their start times (see Fresno County Health Department Screening Procedures) and implement physical distancing guidelines (minimum 6 feet) for all employees and customers.
- The Sanger Police Department and Sanger Code Enforcement Division shall enforce this Order.
- The Order shall be subject to amendment or repeal at any time, and shall not be deemed to confer any contractual obligations, property rights, or assume any City liability.
- If any provision of this Order or its application to any person or circumstance is held to be invalid, then the remainder of the Order, including the application of such part or provision to other persons or circumstances, shall not be affected and shall continue in full force and effect. To this end, the provisions of this Order are severable.
- This Order shall be immediately translated into Spanish, and accommodations made for all disabled persons to read its contents; it shall also be distributed to all local media and made prominently available on the City’s website.
- Sanger Police Department, Sanger Code Enforcement Department, and other law enforcement authorities cooperating with the City of Sanger are hereby authorized and charged, to the extent provided by law, with the responsibility of enforcing this regulation. Any violations of these regulations shall be punished as provided in Sanger City Code Section 1–7.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Director of Emergency Services
Tim Chapa, City Manager
May 14, 2020