On March 13, 2020 I issued a memorandum regarding the suspension of the City’s Parks and Recreation programs and the closure of the Senior Center due to the COVID-19. Due to recent changes and updates from both the State and Fresno County, the City of Sanger has chosen to take additional steps to help protect the citizens of Sanger. These changes will remain in place until the City of Sanger City Council proclaims the termination of the Emergency Declaration. Please note that there are updates often so any of these changes can be updated as well.
Effective today, the following actions will take place:
- All facility and park rentals are canceled through the end of April including April 12, 2020.
- All playground tot-lot areas will be closed.
- The exercise equipment at Jenni, JFK, and the Community Center Parks will be closed.
- The restrooms will have modified hours and will close around 3:00 pm each day.
- The Skate Park will be closed.
- All basketball courts will be closed, the rims will remain for now, but the rims may be removed if needed.
- The soccer fields will be closed to soccer activity and the soccer leagues have been suspended within the City of Sanger. The goals will remain but may be removed if needed.
- Signs will be posted at the restrooms, tot-lot areas, and exercise equipment.
- All-City parks will be closed on Sunday, April 12, 2020. No social gatherings will be permitted, regardless of size. This will be enforced.
- The walking trails at Jenni Park and JFK Park will remain open but social distancing is required.
Please note that while these changes are not easy, they are necessary to ensure the safety of the public. The coronavirus may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. By eliminating social gatherings and preventing access to equipment that may have the coronavirus present, we can get through this together.
For information about COVID-19 please visit the Fresno County Department of Health Website Click Here
For more information on the City of Sanger’s Response to COVID-19 click here.