On March 4, 2020, Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency in California and on March 11, 2020, the CA Department of Public Health released a Gathering Guidance letter that defines gatherings and the recommended actions that should be taken. To protect the public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, the City of Sanger will be implementing the regulations immediately. The rules will be in place for at least the remainder of March but may be extended as appropriate.
Effective immediately the City Parks and Recreation programs are suspended until further notice. The programs that are suspended are as follows:
- Senior Center will be closed
- FMAAA Congregate Meal Program will not take place at the Senior Center and FMAAA will be coordinating the delivery of lunches to program participant’s homes directly. Details to follow
- Zumba and Step classes both morning and evenings
- Senior Low Impact Aerobics and Early Bird exercise programs
- Girls Softball will be practice only. Games may resume in mid-April
- The Boxing Club will be closed
- Open Gym - Basketball and Futsal
- Yoga with Ramieka
- The Jr. Giants program registration may be postponed or canceled. Details to follow
The City will not allow private events on City property that exceed 250 participants and the City strongly recommends that all events on City property that do not maintain social distancing be postponed or canceled. Any person reserving a City-owned facility will need to sign a document that explains COVID-19 and the City’s requirements. The City will issue full refunds if you have current reservations and the event is canceled due to COVID-19.
Click here for memo